hanumana

Ramayana … The way it should have been

I’m a reknowned Athiest. But today, I’m going to write about God… Lord Rama !!!!

But Ram here is not of , 2000 B.C… or whatever the hell the year was .

I’m talking about Ramayana 3392 A.D. , infact, this is RAMAYANA 3392 A.D. RELOADED !!!

Humor me , if you will :

Forget the Ram from the Ramayana series all of us used to watch as kids every Sunday morning 10:00am. Forget the funny looking Hanumana who looked like he was just coming from a brutal Dental appointment.

Forget Ravana who looked like a pot-bellied goonda who’s only intention in life seemed to be with Sita.

If you have managed to rid these images from your mind, then Lo and Behold, I give you

Ramayana 3392 A.D. Reloaded   …… In the distant future.

Rama : Lookig Pissed and Fit. Checkout the Battle gear

Rama in a Battle. Check out that Bow

The Four Brothers : Rama , Lakshmana, Bharata, Shatruganha… Bring it On !!!

Asura : The Perfect Beast

Vanara : The Agile Warriors

Hanumana : Oozing Raw Power

hanumana

Ravana : His Awesomeness !!!

The best part about this is, this whole venture, this graphic, futuristic novel based on Ramayana, is a Shekhar Kapur production, who has used Indian artists (No Manga)

Virgin Comics has about 10 Editions of this comic out already.

If Ramayana with it’s limited characters and only one big war looks so awesome, I am drooling over the thought of a graphic novel on Mahabharata.

7 Comments

• Sachin October 11, 2008 at 5:57 am

Well I guess this had to come eventually. The glorification of the war over all else isn’t the point of the Ramayan.

• Akhil October 11, 2008 at 6:00 am

fulllll fulll fullllllllllllll oooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

OMFG… awesomeee… what graphics… what amazing graphicssss..

Akhil

• anuz October 15, 2008 at 4:33 pm

I am part of a comic group, where they have link for all these e-comics, if u want, i can point the link out.
    By the way, there is an Indian comics called Raj comics, which publishes Nagraj comics, which have a series called Nagayan, which has similar imagery. I am ardent hindi comic follower, i will give u few of them to read.

• chhavi October 17, 2008 at 1:24 am

this is SO cool. I’m going to have to go look for it … Hmmm. Obviously I’ll have to try a better bookstore, the one I was in recently had only Amar Chitra Katha – with pink and blue characters 😉

• anuz November 17, 2008 at 9:21 am

info for your use, I know its not relevant to post, but the frenzy…………..

Somewhere Back In Time World Tour 08-09
    INDIA
    Date: February 15, 2009
    Venue: Royal Challenge Rock In India
    City: Bangalore
    Country: India

• Tony Stark February 15, 2010 at 10:43 am

Game. Set. Match. Excellent online free article!

• Hemanshu February 26, 2010 at 5:53 pm

You will love Ashok Banker’s series on the Ramayana. I got the picture from a google image search on “rama”.